• Change language
  • تغییر زبان
  • غير اللغة
  • 改变语言

If you are a recent arrival from Ukraine or Palestine and would and would like to access this service but do not meet the eligibility criteria, please contact the Free Translating Service by emailing fts@migrationtranslators.com.au, calling us on 1800 962 100 or completing the contact form. Further information is available here.

Effective 1 July 2024, individuals on visa subclass 500 will no longer be eligible for the Free Translating Service. This change will include applications from subclass 500 visa holders who have previously had documents translated via the service. Enquiries relating to this change can be directed to Language.Policy@homeaffairs.gov.au.

Start an application

Make sure you have everything you need for a successful application.

To lodge your application, you will need original electronic files OR good-quality colour photographs or scanned images of the originals for the following documents (no black and white scans or photos, no certified copies):

  1. The personal documents you need translated
  2. Your passport photo page or your ImmiCard
  3. Your visa grant notice AND your VEVO Visa Details Check which must have been issued within the past 48 hours. Please obtain your VEVO Visa Detail Check now.

Please only start the application if you have these files readily available.

All applicants must provide genuine documents for identification and translation. Any fraudulent, forged or edited documents received will be reported to the appropriate authorities without further warning. We strongly discourage editing a document for it to meet the eligibility criteria or to align with standards of an equivalent Australian document. This applies pre and post translation.

Each family member needs their own application!

Each family member needs to lodge a separate application to get their documents translated.

Example 1: If you want to get documents translated that are in the name of a family member, for example your children’s vaccination records, then you need to create a separate application for each of your children. The maximum number of documents is 10 per applicant.

Example 2: If you want to get your and your spouse’s driver licences translated, then you need to lodge two applications: one for yourself and one for your spouse. The maximum number of documents is 10 per applicant.

I understand that black and white photos or scans will lead to a rejection of my application.

The document translations are not for visa application purposes. I declare the information provided is true and correct, and any misinformation may result in the refusal of this application.

I have read and understood the above User Agreement Terms and Conditions, and accept them.

I am the parent/legal guardian, or have been otherwise authorised to submit this application on behalf of the applicant. I declare that the documents and all details in the application will relate to the applicant. I have read and understood the User Agreement Terms and Conditions, and accept them.